Varieties used : Plants de Blanc, Fosset, Poire de Cloche, Mordouet
Our Poiré is made in the respect of artisanal process making methods :
- first the pears are picked up to the right maturation manually or mechanically
- the pulp is put into a vat open air to release its aroma
- the pulp is then pressed
- clarification of the most
- slow alcoholic fermentation (1 to 3 months)
- storage in refrigerated cellars (10 to 12°C)
Beautiful pale yellow colour, thin bubbles.
Smelling : very fruity
The Poiré must be consumed fresh (between 8 and 10°C) and preferably in « ballon » or « tulipe » glasses.
Serving suggestion :
Poiré is a sweet and refreshing product. It is usually served :
- as an aperitif alone or as a “kir normand” (with Crème de Cassis).
- with fruit desserts as the apple pie (ideally with sweet fruits).
With optimal preservation conditions (around 10°C and upright stocking), the Poiré can be kept between 1 and 2 years.
For further information, download the detailed technical description of this product.