Tradition 15 years
Calvados AOC (Protected Designation of Origin)
Minimum of 15 years in oak barrels.
Great blend of Pierre HUET range of products, combining the robustness and strength of a Hors d’Age with the length and sweetness of an ancestral Calvados, aged in Pommeau de Normandie barrels.
Serving suggestion :
This Calvados must be consumed preferably in a Calvados or « tulipe » glasses, at 18–20 °C.
Product especially selected by Hôtel Ritz, place Vendôme (Paris)
- - Silver Medal – Regional Competition Cambremer 2012
- - Silver Medal – Regional Competition Cambremer 2011
- - Silver Medal : General Agricultural Competition Paris 2011
- - 1st price : Regional Competition Cambremer 2009
- - Gold Medal : Regional Competition Vimoutiers 2009
- 2nd price : Regional Competition Cambremer 2007
- Laurier de Bronze : Concours National Caen 2006
- Silver Medal : Regional Competition Vimoutiers 2006
- Bronze Medal: General Agricultural Competition of Paris 2006
With optimal preservation conditions (constant cellar temperature), Calvados can be kept about 10 years.
Our Calvados AOC is obtained by a simple distillation of cider in an “alambic à colonne” (simple distillation still).
First, the juice obtained by pressing the apples is completely fermented (12 months) in one hundred year old oak barrels.
Our still is heated by an innovative and unique process in Normandy: woodchips. Woodchips produced on the Estate serves as ecological combustible.
Calvados obtained is 70% proof. Finally the Calvados Cordon Argent ages in separate oak barrels for a minimum of 20 years.
For further information, download the detailed technical description of this product.