This set consists of 2 bottles of 35cl:
It is ideal to discover these traditional products of Normandy, tasting or offering.
Pommeau de Normandie AOC
Our Pommeau de Normandie is made by the mutage (alcoholic fermentation stopping of a must adding alcohol, with objective to keep non-transformed sugars) of:
- 2/3 of apple must made from varieties as Fréquin Rouge, Binet Rouge, Bisquet et Douce Moën.
- And 1/3 of one-year-old-Calvados Pays d’Auge, that titrates between 68% and 70% alcohol.
Our Pommeau ages 36 to 48 months in oak barrels (14 months minimum authorized by the legislation)
Bright and clear, a beautiful amber color and smelling fruits. Reveals subtle aromas of cooked fruit, dried fruit, prunes, cherry and also almond cocoa and honey.
Pommeau de Normandie can be served :
- As an aperitif, the ideal temperature to appreciate it is between 8 and 10°C.
- During the meal, as an accompaniment of foie gras, melon, apple or chocolate dessert.
- For cooking, it can be used from starter to dessert, to make sauces or with poultry, fish and scallop.
Pommeau de Normandie can be preserved 1 to 2 years in the bottle and 6 months after the opening.
Old Calvados AOC Pays d'Auge Pierre Huet
This young Calvados has been kept in oak barrels for 4 years.
Product combining wood and apple flavours.
Caramelized apple, lighty woody when smelling. Tasting: firstly very fresh with dominating apple, finally spicy.
This precious balance between wood and apple is really appreciated as a « Trou Normand » (in the middle of the meal) alone or with an apple sorbet.
With optimal preservation conditions (constant cellar temperature), Calvados can be kept about 10 years.