This set consists of 2 bottles of 35cl:
It is ideal to discover these traditional products of Normandy, tasting or offering.
Pommeau de Normandie AOC
Our Pommeau de Normandie is made by the mutage (alcoholic fermentation stopping of a must adding alcohol, with objective to keep non-transformed sugars) of:
- 2/3 of apple must made from varieties as Fréquin Rouge, Binet Rouge, Bisquet et Douce Moën.
- And 1/3 of one-year-old-Calvados Pays d’Auge, that titrates between 68% and 70% alcohol.
Our Pommeau ages 36 to 48 months in oak barrels (14 months minimum authorized by the legislation)
Bright and clear, a beautiful amber color and smelling fruits. Reveals subtle aromas of cooked fruit, dried fruit, prunes, cherry and also almond cocoa and honey.
Pommeau de Normandie can be served :
- As an aperitif, the ideal temperature to appreciate it is between 8 and 10°C.
- During the meal, as an accompaniment of foie gras, melon, apple or chocolate dessert.
- For cooking, it can be used from starter to dessert, to make sauces or with poultry, fish and scallop.
Pommeau de Normandie can be preserved 1 to 2 years in the bottle and 6 months after the opening.
Calvados AOC Pays d'Auge Vieille Réserve 8 years
This Calvados has been kept in oak barrels for 8 years; this is the youngest after-dinner Calvados of Pierre Huet range combinig fruity taste with a long finish.
Its color is clear; it is fine and floral, fresh and light with first notes of burned apple.
In the second nose, persistent notes reminding of fresh green apple. The palate is mineral, slightly peppery and minty.
The finish on the palate is reminiscent of the salted butter caramel.
With optimal preservation conditions (constant cellar temperature), Calvados can be kept about 10 years.