Pommeau de Normandie
Pommeau de Normandie AOC (Certified designation of origin)
Between 36 to 48 months in oak barrels
Our Pommeau de Normandie is made by the mutage (alcoholic fermentation stopping of a must adding alcohol, with objective to keep non-transformed sugars) of:
- 2/3 of apple must made from varieties as Fréquin Rouge, Binet Rouge, Bisquet et Douce Moën.
- And 1/3 of one-year-old-Calvados Pays d’Auge, that titrates between 68% and 70% alcohol.
Our Pommeau ages 36 to 48 months in oak barrels (14 months minimum authorized by the legislation)
Bright and clear, a beautiful amber color. Reveals subtle aromas of cooked fruit, dried fruit, prunes, cherry and also almond cocoa and honey.
Serving suggestion :
Pommeau de Normandie can be served :
- As an aperitif, the ideal temperature to appreciate it is between 8 and 10°C
- During the meal, as an accompaniment of foie gras, melon, apple or chocolate dessert.
- For cooking, it can be used from starter to dessert, to make sauces or with poultry, fish and scallop.
Pommeau de Normandie can be preserved 1 to 2 years in the bottle and 6 months after the opening.
- Silver Medal – Regional Competition Cambremer 2017
-Gold Medal - General Agricultural Competition Paris 2015
-Bronze Medal - Général agricultural competition Paris 2013
- Silver Medal – Regional Competition Cambremer 2012
- Gold Medal - General Agricultural Competition Paris 2010
- Silver Medal - Regional Competition Vimoutiers 2008
For further information, download the detailed technical description of this product.