Vieille Réserve 8 years
Calvados Pays d'Auge (Certified Designation of Origin)
Minimum of 8 years in oak barrels.
Its colour is clear; it is fine and floral, fresh and light with first notes of burned apple. In the second nose, persistent notes reminding of fresh green apple. The palate is mineral, slightly peppery and minty. The finish on the palate is reminiscent of the salted butter caramel.
Serving suggestion :
At the end of the meal, this Calvados is really appreciated for its subtle aromatic taste and its length.
This is the youngest Calvados of the HUET range of Calvados.
Product selected by : Käfer (Germany)
- Gold Medal : Regional Competition Cambremer 2012
- Vermeil Medal : Regional Competition Vimoutiers 2010
- Vermeil Medal : Regional Competition Vimoutiers 2009
- 2nd price : Regional Competition Cambremer 2007
- Bronze Lauriers : National Competition Caen 2006
- Silver Medal : Regional Competition Vimoutiers 2006
- Bronze Medal: General Agricultural Competition of Paris 2006
With optimal preservation conditions (constant cellar temperature), Calvados can be kept about 10 years.
Our still is heated by an innovative and unique process in Normandy: woodchips. Woodchips produced on the Estate serves as ecological combustible.
The cider is heated once for the first distillation. These cooled and condensed alcohol vapors are between 30 and 35% proof.
The second heater is to distill the “petites eaux”. Only the heart of the distillation is retained. Calvados obtained is 70% proof.